Thursday, January 31, 2013

Drawing for the sake of Allah

http://niqabdiaries.tumblr.com/post/38151059643/assalamu-alaykum-yall-since-9-months-i-have


Assalamu Alaykum y’All!   
Since 9 months I have been drawing doodles in this page and your precious support meant so much to me during this time. Actually when I started this blog, I had no idea what it would be and what I did was only sharing my doodles. And you all liked them a lot and I had lots of lovely messages from you. I thank you all for that. When I started this I never thought about ruling of drawing in Islam since I was unaware of that and when this blog went popular some sisters reminded me this fact. I started to search about this subject and read many proofs and views on this issue. The result I reached was, drawing of animate objects such as human is only permissible “as long as they dont resemble any human-like creature and as long as they are not complete and not realistic.”
So I always tried to draw eyes as a line, and mostly symbolic eyes, I avoided of drawing a completeniqabi figure, and I tried to give a message more than the images. But my heart was not at ease at all. So I decided to show my blog to a trustable sheikh whom I can trust in hisaqeedah, and knowledge. So Alhamdulillah I showed my blog to that Sheikh and told him about my concerns and he looked over to my blog and replied me saying “ my drawings are in harmless category and nothing wrong with it since I don’t draw them realistic-like”
I got happy for hearing this, but each time when coinciding with that hadith I was fearing that maybe what I was doing was totally wrong and I should stop drawing figures.
The most severely punished of people on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers, those who tried to imitate the creation of Allaah.” Bukhari Libas 91, Muslim Libas 929And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The makers of these images will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and they will be told, ‘Give life to that which you have created.’” Bukhari Tawheed 56, Muslim Libas, 96The threat is very big and nobody could ever protect me against Allah. Never.
So I prayed Allah a lot to give me a comprehension of truth and Allah made me coincide with that hadeeth of prophet Muhammad sallalahu alayhi wassallam:
Al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali said, “I memorised from the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, ‘Leave what gives you doubt for what gives you no doubt.’” [at-Tirmidhi]Wabisa ibn Ma’bad said, “I came to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and he said, ‘Have you come to ask about piety?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘Consult your heart. Piety is that with which the self is at rest and the heart is at rest and wrong action is what is hatched up in your self and echoes to and fro in your breast, even if people give an opinion in your favour and ask for your opinion.’” [Ahmad ibn Hanbal and ad-Darimi]
So I made a repentance because of my that deed (drawing human figures) and because of my ignorance and I deleted all the pictures I drew till now.
So I kindly ask you to delete/erase/destroy if you have any doodle of mine in your pc, profile photo, or cover photo or on your mobiles. And if you ever see my drawings in anybody’s site please ask him/her to remove it and may Allah accept this as a good deed from you. And please, as sister of you all, I ask you seriously make a dua of repentace for me. So that maybe Allah forgive my fault and ignorance. Anyone who’s reading this, please make dua for me. Nobody can protect us againts the wrath of Allah. May Allah forgive me for my faults.
A little note for sisters who redraws my artworks and copying them:
It never deranged me seeing you drawing/copying my doodles. I loved them. But this time is different. Please don’t do it, and I suggest you to stay away from drawing human figures too. In the day of Judgement the worst punishment will be upon Image Makers. and We seek protection against it from Allah.
So inshaAllah let’s do it hallally.
When we will die, we will be forgotten, our facebook pages, blogs, all written things will be forgotten by people. But not by Allah. He will account us from all the things we do.
And I’m inshaAllah declaring you my drawing back about my niqabi doodles.
I love art, I love giving a message. But inshaAllah I’ll keep doing it in a halal way in the coming days. And I have a bigger surprise for niqabi sisters So keep an eye on here inshaAllah. Better things are coming on the way :)
And inshaAllah I’ll be with you all in this page and in niqabdiaries.tumblr.com with new halal niqabi things! :)
Stay tuned!
Your sister, Little Miss Islam.
Catch Little Miss Islam at www.niqabdiaries.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment